[vtk-developers] TestSetGet timeouts on RogueResearch machines

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Feb 21 13:49:52 EST 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:23:45 -0500, David E DeMarle said:

>We didn't resolve the specific problem right?

Correct.

>Sean, PWD won't likely matter. Can you try setting the PATH on the
>interactive shell to be the same as that on the cron job and see if
>that times out?

That's not it.  I also tried vice versa: I changed my launchd environment to be basically the same as my interactive shell.  The only differences now:

interactive:
PWD=/Users/builder
SHLVL=2
TERM_SESSION_ID=2C84FA6C-4C6A-4CB2-ACC0-AE3A58F39237

launchd:
PWD=/
SHLVL=1
TERM_SESSION_ID=E1428CD8-7DAB-4E8B-8FE4-34F77107305D

And they're only different because launchd is overriding what I specify.

Still no help.  So it must be a difference other than environment variables....

I've tried Bill's reduction in output text... on the interactive shell it doesn't change timing much, still about 20s to pass the test.  From launchd, it now passes in 29s, instead of many many minutes!

I guess Tk_MeasureChars in calling into CoreText for all the output text... still don't know what about the launchd context makes this so different.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com