[vtk-developers] A NIFTI Reader for VTK

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:01:44 EST 2013

No, I didn't.  The NIFTI library doesn't provide very much in terms
of functionality (NIFTI is a very simple file format).  About the only
thing I would have from it would be the function to byte-swap the
header.  So I didn't see the point of bringing another third-party
library into VTK.  Not for a file format that is just a fixed-format
header followed by raw data.

 - David