[vtk-developers] Hi, my VTK volume rendering code has encountered "could not find a decent visual" and "GLX not found"

Mingcheng Chen linyufly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:40:33 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying the volume rendering example in VTK User's Guide and
encountered the following errors when running the code.

ERROR: In /home/linyufly/VTK5.10.1/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 404
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2623e30): Could not find a decent visual

ERROR: In /home/linyufly/VTK5.10.1/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 404
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2623e30): Could not find a decent visual

ERROR: In /home/linyufly/VTK5.10.1/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 404
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2623e30): Could not find a decent visual

ERROR: In /home/linyufly/VTK5.10.1/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 609
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2623e30): GLX not found.  Aborting.

Aborted (core dumped)

Could anybody please help me out of that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Mingcheng Chen
February 11th, 2013