[vtk-developers] Possible mouse-over event in ChartXY?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon Feb 4 09:29:31 EST 2013

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for getting back to me about this. As we've both mentioned, performance should be a deciding factor, but if that doesn't give too much of a hit, it would be a really useful feature, I think. And, yes, if the hover event gets implemented, we would need a getter for the last event data for Python.

I've used a custom tooltip before, and that works well, but I'm trying to avoid it for this particular application. I appreciate the reference to MongoChem – I knew you guys were pursuing chemistry rendering, but hadn't seen the whole Open Chemistry project, and I'll take a look at MongoChem to check out your implementation details. (I've been using MongoDB off and on here to good result, too.)

I understand you're traveling, but if we could get back to this after you return I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,
-Eric