[vtk-developers] Interactor freezing on OS X Cocoa

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 14:14:08 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:52:58 -0700, David Gobbi said:
>
>>Also, did you try the example in my original email to see if you can
>>reproduce the interactor freeze?  It will make it easier for me to push
>>the improvements through if there is at least _someone_ on the list
>>who confirms that the freeze problem exists.
>
> I don't have a multibutton mouse, but I went and found.  I don't seem to be able to repro.  When you say the interactor has "frozen", do you mean that it won't rotate anymore?  If so, I can't repro that...

Was it the Cone5 example that you tried to reproduce it with?

Here are some more detailed instructions:
1) Click in the window to be sure it has focus.
2) Press and hold the left button near the upper-left corner.
3) Drag the mouse diagonally across the window and back again.
4) While still holding the left button, press the right button.
5) Drag with both buttons.
6) Release the right button.
7) Release the left button.

Be sure to release the buttons in the order specified in Step 7.

  David