[vtk-developers] vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestSetGet failure due to VTK_Group_Web

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Dec 20 10:55:01 EST 2013

Hi all,

Rogue6 has two intermittent (but usually) failing tests:

vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestEmptyInput
vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestSetGet

The problem is that they often deadlock themselves and time out.  Once I saw that, I figured it had nothing to do with that being the only 10.9 machine and looked at other differences.  I suspected VTK_Group_Web and so turned it from off to on on Rogue7 (sic) and now vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestSetGet is failing there too today.

So something's wrong with VTK_Group_Web's influence on those tests...

Attached are samplings of the deadlocked processes.  Notice it's stuck in vtkSimpleConditionVariable::Wait().

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com