[vtk-developers] CMake and VTK_LIBRARY_DIRS

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Dec 19 15:22:29 EST 2013

On 12/10/2013 08:33 AM, Marco Nolden wrote:
> in our MITK project, the linking works fine, but we use CMake's
> GetPrerequisites and BundleUtilities to build installers on Windows,
> Linux and MacOS. For this we used to constuct a search path for
> libraries (VTK 5.8). Any suggestions how to do this best with VTK 6?

We used to provide a VTK_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_DIRS variable to clients
to specify the directories to put in PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
load VTK shared libraries at runtime.  That was the proper value
to use for your purpose IIUC.  However, it was accidentally left
out of the modularization infrastructure.  I propose this fix:

 http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/13869/

-Brad