[vtk-developers] gerrit question

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Dec 17 01:56:40 EST 2013

Chris, thanks that works fine.
JB

From: Chris Harris [mailto:chris.harris at kitware.com]
Sent: 16 December 2013 22:48
To: Biddiscombe, John A.
Cc: VTK Developers
Subject: Re: [vtk-developers] gerrit question

Hi John,

The author is important thing to preserve so the easiest think for you todo is change the commiter to yourself. If the the commit is the last commit on your branch this should do it for you:

git commit --amend --author="Name Here <nwaldin at cscs.ch<mailto:nwaldin at cscs.ch>>"

( replace Name Here with intern name )

You will then be the commiter so gerrit will be happy, but your intern will be the author.

Hope that helps,

Chris