[vtk-developers] new group on dashboard for dependency vanguards

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Dec 9 11:17:46 EST 2013

Hi all and especially Kevin,

Zack here at Kitware just set up a new submitter who's role is to test
whether CMake development head will cleanly build VTK. Specifically it uses
CMake's next branch to build VTK's release branch and submits to both the
CMake and VTK dashboard. This way the CMake guys know when they break
something and the VTK guys have advanced warning when something new is
coming. I just added a new "dependencies" dashboard section to put this and
similar dashboards in.

Kevin, the *MesaDevel*s do the same thing for Mesa correct? If you don't
object I'll move them over. Would you mind adding a comment to the top of
the configuration script that makes their role clearer for future reference?

Everyone else - are there other submitters in the same category? Is
farsight testing boost devel for example?

thanks

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer