[vtk-developers] UI->vtkWidget->GetRenderWindow() access violation

Pelt, R.F.P. van R.F.P.v.Pelt at tue.nl
Sun Dec 1 04:48:59 EST 2013

Hi all,

After recent driver updates, I'm having an access violation from the QVTKwidget on laptop systems.

The QT UI is created:
---
this->UI                            = new Ui_MainWindow();
this->UI->setupUi(this);

this->show();
---

Next, I obtain the vtkWidgets render window:
---
this->UI->vtkWidget->GetRenderWindow();
---

This has been working great for a long time, and it seems to operate fine on desktop drivers still.
However, recent mobile drivers seem to have a problem getting the openGL context.

In vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow the function SetupPixelFormat cannot get a valid id from CreateWindow.

It seems this bug is related:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/7931/1/Rendering/OpenGL/vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx
However, compiling with the patched vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow source file did not resolve the problem.

Did anyone come accross this problem? Any advice?

Thanks,

Roy