[vtk-developers] Status of AddActor(), AddActor2D(), AddVolume() vs AddViewProp()

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Aug 30 14:31:21 EDT 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:41:18 -0400, Bill Lorensen said:

>If we deprecate AddActor, ... then we should also rename vtkProp to
>vtkViewProp and deprecate vtkProp.

I'm not opposed to vtkProp being renamed to vtkViewProp, but that obviously has bigger implications than AddActor->AddViewProp.  For example, since the AddActor->AddViewProp change was done from VTK 4 to 5, such a refactoring would still allow the wiki examples to be VTK 5 & 6 compatible, whereas vtkProp->vtkViewProp would not, and would mean updating docs, the wiki, migration guide, etc.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com