[vtk-developers] VTK Nightly Doxygen missing classes

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Aug 28 10:54:33 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:49 AM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It would be nice to come up with guidelines for better documenting too.
>> e.g.
>>
>> - adding images for VTK filters (as Kyle suggested) to quickly
>> demonstrate what a particular filter does.
>
> FYI someone setup a mechanism for this for ITK, e.g.
> http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MirrorPadImageFilter.html

It is pretty simple to do in Doxygen, I think there are one or two
images in there already. The level of indirection makes things a
little tougher, but virtually any Doxygen command will make it
through. The translation largely happens on the // Description: lines,
and collapsing the following // commented lines into one long string
which is enclosed in Doxygen style comments. Years ago I even added a
cache variable to keep the temporary headers if you want to inspect
them.

You can build the documentation locally if you want to play with this
too, it is pretty slow due to all of the transformations and the sheer
number of headers that need to be processed.

Marcus