[vtk-developers] set Font in vtkFreeTypeUtilities

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Aug 6 14:13:01 EDT 2013

Hi Christoph,

That was an experimental bit of code from a while back. There is
currently FontConfig support available in the
Rendering/FreeTypeFontConfig module that will use system fonts in VTK.
The support is very rough at the moment, but should be extended in the
coming months. At the moment, I am not aware of a way to explicitly
load a specific font from a file.

As an aside, the current VTK uses vtkFreeTypeTools (not Utilities) for
text rendering, preferably through the vtkTextRenderer interface.

Hope this helps,
Dave