[vtk-developers] vtkgl::LoadExtension not exported

Kathleen S. Biagas biagas2 at llnl.gov
Wed Apr 17 18:55:43 EDT 2013

We want to be able to provide OSMesa support even if vtk was not built
with Mesa.

To accomplish this, we are currently trying:
1) overriding vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow with our own OSMesaRenderWindow
class
2) overriding vtkOpenGLExtensionManager class with an 'osmesa' one,
which allows us to use OSMesaGetProcAddress without
VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA being defined.

We need  vtkgl::LoadExtension to be exported, so that VTK will use the
mesa extensions when using our window.

Kathleen