[vtk-developers] Deprecating vtkFastNumericConversion

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:34:41 EDT 2013

I see that some classes like vtkInteractorStyleTrackball give a
deprecation warning in their constructor (in fact Bill noted that
vtkInteractorStyleTrackball was deprecated in 5.0 and so should be
removed in VTK 6.0).  Seems like a good way to do it, as long as the
warning is within an #ifndef VTK_LEGACY_SILENT block.

However, vtkFastNumericConversion only has static methods, so the only
way to deprecate it is by marking each method as legacy.  Late tonight
when my brain is too dead to work on anything else, I can go ahead and
do that.

 - David