[vtk-developers] Deprecating vtkFastNumericConversion

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:06:22 EDT 2013

It may not be used much in vtk, but one of our customers might use it. For
example, is it used in paraview, slicer(I checked and it is a no), titan,

But if it is broken and can't be fixed, something should be done.

My preference would be to keep the class and implement its functionality
with standard floor and round. This means customers source code investments
would be protected.

That said, I always lose these customer-oriented arguments (at least in the
vtk community), so I'll go with the consensus.

Bill