[vtk-developers] Re: The dashboard: tarvalon gerrit builds
dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 10:06:05 EDT 2013
Thanks for the info, Berk. And for the effort, Rob!
I was merely trying to start a discussion with some facts and some questions. I didn’t see anything already on the mailing list about any pending work, just that the machine had come back up after our previous inquiry about “where did it go?”
Sorry if my tone had any negativity to it this morning... I was frustrated by a lack of Windows-confirmation for this pending topic: http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/2374/
From: Berk Geveci
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:37 AM
To: David Cole; Robert Maynard
Cc: VTK Developers
These errors are machine-caused not VTK-caused. I asked Rob M. to investigate. It may be due to updated ATI drivers. Once he figures out what is causing them, he will clean it up. This should happen very soon.
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:
Gerrit builds with 0 build errors from tarvalon since Feb 20th:
Sort the above results by build time, to look at things in date order.
- Recurring persistent test failures were eliminated and reduced to 0 at the VTK dash-a-thon on Feb. 27th (yay!)
- From Feb. 27th to Mar. 7th, there were predominantly 0 test failures on these builds. When it was non-0, it typically indicated a real problem with the topic being tested. Or with a VTKData change. Quite helpful.
- From Mar. 8th to Mar. 21st, there were no submissions from this machine. It was apparently down for that long.
- Beginning Mar. 22nd and continuing to the most recent submission, there are 10 recurring test failures again.
- sometime between Mar. 8th and 22nd, changes were merged that caused these test failures (or perhaps something changed on the machine while it was on vacation?)
- tarvalon is now only good as a gerrit submitter for detecting newly introduced Windows compile/link errors or warnings, which is still somewhat useful. But... since tests persistently and recurringly fail, it's *not* very useful at detecting runtime behavior changes introduced by gerrit topics.
- Can we, the VTK developer community, fix it again and keep it fixed? Or do we need a dash-a-thon every month? ;-)
- Can anybody else volunteer an additional Windows gerrit build?
I, for one, would appreciate a clean gerrit Windows build. I *did* appreciate it for the 9 brief days that we had it...
Thanks for considering,
Powered by www.kitware.com
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the vtk-developers