[vtk-developers] valgrind still missing

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Sep 25 13:41:24 EDT 2012

I think the VTK valgrind submission should be settling out in the next
couple of days.

>From a preliminary look at the errors I think that:
TestGenericDataSetTessellator and the GeoVis and InfoVis tests are the
worst offenders.

My guess is that these particular tests had not been run through
valgrind until after VTK modularization. With that change these kits
became less optional, and once we started activating the tests that
were inactive before or de-activated during the big modularization
push they were exposed. It is hard to prove that though because CDash
doesn't go back far enough to show the pre-modularization valgrind
submitter's cmake configuration.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer