[vtk-developers] Use of std::cout in tests

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Sep 20 15:59:19 EDT 2012

When we started writing VTK (probably before you were born BTW) C++ was
emerging, compilers were awful, we didn't really understand the language,
and the software process was undefined :-) Defining style was the last
things on our minds.

The problem with gardening a long-lived system like VTK is that things
change resulting in lots of ongoing composting and maintenance to make sure
things thrive :-)

--
William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.