[vtk-developers] VTK Code Coverage

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:23:49 EDT 2012

Folks,

I mentioned earlier that my Fall/Winter VTK project is improving code
coverage.

I'm starting with some low hanging fruit, namely Common/Core which has 19
files flagged by cdash as low coverage:
http://open.cdash.org/viewCoverage.php?buildid=2568829

For example I just pushed this topic to gerrit that addresses testing for
vtkTimePointUtilities, a class that has 0 coverage. I'm pretty sure there
are bugs in this code, mainly surrounding boundary conditions that would
not affect its usage, whatever that may be.
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/1295/

But rather than rant, I'll ask the community to review the gerrit topics.

Bill