[vtk-developers] target_link_libraries and spaces in path (cmake 2.8.8)

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Sep 17 21:40:42 EDT 2012

On Sep 17, 2012, at 7:58 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>> It should not be necessary in that context. Where else is MPI_LIBRARIES referenced, though? Is it used in a configured script of some sort?
>
> Not that I could find. Also MPI_LIBRARIES is coming from FindMPI.cmake
> included in CMake source. Also in some cases, it is possible that
> MPI_LIBRARIES will be more than one, in that case using quotes will be
> incorrect, right?
>
> Utkarsh

On this line of code, quotes should be completely irrelevant. Quotes or no quotes..., a line like

  target_link_libraries(target_name ${LIBRARY_VAR})

should be entirely equivalent to the quoted version. Either works whether the contents of the variable is a single library name or a list of library names.

What is the error message when you don't have the quotes?