[vtk-developers] Accidental gerrit merge

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Sep 11 18:10:01 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:19:12 -0400, Bill Lorensen said:
>
>>I hit the wrong button by accident. I did not give it a +2. I'm pretty sure
>>I gave it (or a change) a -1.
>
> IIRC, the topic had several changes, and some of the changes I think were given +2.
>
> Is it possible that the whole topic can get merged if any one of, but not all, of the sub-changes are at +2?

For Gerrit topic review it does not matter what any of the individual
changes get as a review. The entire topic must have a Verified +1, and
a Code Review +2 score in order to be merged. Reviewers can block a
merge by giving a -2 at the topic level, that topic had a single +2
given by one user and no other scores.

Any -1 score does not block a commit, any +1 does not enable the
submit and merge or submit change button. If you review a commit and
it does not have a +1 Verified and +2 Code Review you will see an
error page informing you the change needs Verified and Code Review. I
tested this myself on a change earlier today, it blocks merging until
both those scores are in.

I can't see any way that an accidental merge can be done in less than
two steps (+2 Code Review score, and then hitting Publish and Submit).
It is possible there is a bug, but I was not able to trigger it (and I
tried a few times).

Marcus