[vtk-developers] vtkVariant::ToNumeric()

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Sep 25 20:23:20 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I propose we remove vtkVariant::ToNumeric(). Either that, or it should be fixed so that it works on Windows as currently it causes link errors. It does not appear to be used anywhere in VTK and I just had to weed it out of some changes to ParaView, which were its first attempted use there. The ToDouble() or ToFloat() methods are acceptable replacements when the return type is known and vtkVariantExtract.h provides templated type conversion macros that appear to work.

	Any objections?
	David