[vtk-developers] Gerrit topics with large numbers of changes

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Oct 9 10:33:27 EDT 2012

I pointed out in my reply that this is an outstanding feature request
we would like to add to Gerrit to make this easier. You can download
the topic and view the diff locally, but we haven't had time to work
on this yet (totally agree that is a failing in Gerrit).

The point about viewing history stands when trying to figure out where
a bug came from, but maybe I am the only one who does that? I don't
think it adds a lot of value seeing the minutia of what you did, and
so tend to use git commit --amend to tack on minor changes to the
previous commit, I prefer that practice but wouldn't try to force it
on all (and wasn't trying to in my reply).

Marcus