[vtk-developers] howto report a bug?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:11:24 EDT 2012

Several other implicit functions return squared distance instead
of linear distance.  Of course there's the caveat that clipping is
approximate for non-planar implicit surfaces, so people using
these functions should only expect approximate results.

vtkCylinder
vtkQuadric
vtkSuperquadric
vtkImplicitHalo

The last two classes, vtkSuperquadric and vtkImplicitHalo, aren't
even complete, they don't compute the function gradient.  And
vtkImplicitHalo has a math error in EvaluateFunction, and will only
give correct results if Radius=1.0.  So it's a very good thing that
these days we have gerrit to enforce code review.

I'll see about posting a bug report to report my findings.  If anyone
wants to send patches, I'll be glad to review them.

 - David