[vtk-developers] Shared ownership of an array of pointers

Philippe Pébay philippe.pebay at kitware.com
Tue Nov 20 11:29:33 EST 2012

Just an idea: couldn't a vtkVoidArray be used (or abused) as container of
raw pointers, that would be appropriately downcasted internally to the
concrete type to which they are supposed to point? For instance, instead of
having a
 vtkMyInternalObject** obj
instance variable, couldn't I use a
 vtkVoidArray* obj
instead, where each entry in obj would be the raw pointer to a
vtkSmartPointer<vtkMyInternalObject>?

Thanks
Philippe