[vtk-developers] [VTK 0013603]: vtkContourFilter does not push useful progress events

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Nov 5 13:41:45 EST 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=13603
Reported By:                Giuseppe D'Angelo
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   13603
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-11-05 13:41 EST
Last Modified:              2012-11-05 13:41 EST
When running a vtkContourFilter on a vtkImageData (3D, floating point data) I'm
not able to get any progress information from it -- it just jumps from 0.0 to
1.0.

Digging into the filter's code seems to show that the filter calculation is
delegated to the SynchronizedTemplates3D subobject, which in turn seems to
report an useful progress; however, this progress is not getting "forwarded" to
the vtkContourFilter.

VTK 5.10.1 (I can't set this version in the tracker), Linux, x86-64.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change