[vtk-developers] Java wrapping not working on Mac OS X 10.5?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu May 17 15:22:51 EDT 2012

On Thu, 17 May 2012 11:38:27 -0600, David Gobbi said:

>> I didn't actually use gdb, but fetched the crash log from the logs folder:
>
>Thanks, that's a big help.  A buffer overrun was my original guess...
>yesterday I ran valgrind on vtkWrapJava to look for one, but it didn't
>find anything.

Valgrind doesn't check stack buffers though:
<http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/faq.html#faq.overruns>

You could try AddressSanitizer...
<http://clang.llvm.org/docs/AddressSanitizer.html>

Or you could try to repro with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2, or maybe mere code inspection with the help of the backtrace...

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com