[vtk-developers] Java wrapping not working on Mac OS X 10.5?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:47:26 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2012 13:38:11 -0400, Sebastien Jourdain said:
>
>>It has been merged into master and is in the process on getting merged
>>to the release branch...
>
> So although I said this was working, my dashboard is saying otherwise....
>
> <http://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=2282954>

Looks like the vtkWrapJava executable is crashing for a few of the
header files.   So this error appears to be completely unrelated to
the previous build problems.

When I encounter crashes like this, I turn on VERBOSE mode in make
so that I can see the full command-line, then I run the command by
hand in gdb to get a stack trace:

# delete the output file
rm Common/Core/vtkAbstractArrayJava.cxx
# turn on VERBOSE make mode
export VERBOSE=1
# run "make" again
make vtkCommonCoreJava
# copy the vtkWrapJava command-line, run it inside gdb
gdb --args /path/to/vtkWrapJava [args]

 - David