[vtk-developers] BTX/ETX

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:31:44 EDT 2012

Hi Philippe,

Leave them in.  The BTX/ETX markers are still used e.g. by the
ParaView's wrapping. If you remove them, it might cause problems for
ParaView's ClientServer wrappers.

I made a gerrit branch that removes all the BTX/ETX markers, but I'm
still working on some wrapper changes that will allow me to merge this
branch without breaking ParaView, Slicer, or other packages that wrap
their own VTK classes.

Some additional information is provided here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Remove_BTX_ETX

I am hoping to merge all the necessary changes before the VTK 6.0
release, but for now, keep the BTX/ETX markers in your code.

 - David