[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: VTK 5.10.0-rc4 is available for download

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon May 14 10:47:03 EDT 2012

Rob Maynard and I were able to reproduce it. It is an incremental
build dependency problem. When you build and then change the setting
of VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS, and rebuild, Utilities/LSDyna sees the one
definition of vtkIdType (64bit), and the rest of the build sees the
other (32bit) (or vice versa).

Sean if you do a make clean and then a make it will work.

A proper bug fix is to make CMake aware that changing this flag
requires a complete rebuild (like compiler flags do).

Sean please submit a bug report for that and we can get it fixed for 6.0.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive