[vtk-developers] [VTK 0013160]: vtkSTLReader does not read files any more

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu May 10 10:48:15 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=13160
Reported By:                JensH
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   13160
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-05-10 10:48 EDT
I have a piece of code, that uses the vtkSTLReader to perform some manipulations
on a STL file via python and on the older VTK versions it works great. But after
the update via git (d1db5b1), vtk raises the following error on reading an STL.

<snip>
vtkSTLReader (0x7ffc819363c0): STLReader error reading file:
/Users/jens/test.stl Premature EOF while reading end solid.
</snip>

The stl can be displayed in paraview and was not altered at all, during the last
year. My guess is, that this was introduced in release bbc7a0ef.

If you need further information, please let me know.

Jens

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change