[vtk-developers] Checking if VTK was built with a particular group enabled

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:09:35 EDT 2012

> Yes.  Normally the above should report an error
>
>  No such module: vtkFiltersParallel
>
> but the test for it is broken in the case that vtkFiltersParallel
> was enabled in the same build tree in the past and is now disabled.
> This should fix it:
>
>  http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/551
>
> -Brad

Thanks Brad, that seems to do it.

Is it intended behavior that if a module is not listed in the
COMPONENTS list of find_package() it will not be available?

For example, with this:

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED COMPONENTS vtkViewsContext2D vtkChartsCore)

my project builds, but with this:

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED COMPONENTS vtkViewsContext2D)

I get:
fatal error: vtkChartXY.h: No such file or directory

The project also builds correctly with only:
FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED)

I had assumed that all modules that had been built were available by
default, and adding them to the REQUIRED COMPONENTS list was just
checking for them?

David