[vtk-developers] Checking if VTK was built with a particular group enabled

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:21:16 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> The list of modules gets configured into the VTK_MODULES_ENABLED
> variable defined in vtkConfig.cmake, where UseVTK.cmake should pick it
> up from.
>
> David E DeMarle

Sorry, I don't follow. Two things:

1) If I do this:
find_package(VTK REQUIRED vtkFiltersParallel)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})

even though Module_vtkFiltersParallel is OFF, CMake does not complain,
but then I get a linker error (correctly) "cannot find
-lvtkFiltersParallel". Shouldn't this be caught by the find_package?

2) There doesn't seem to be a similar VTK_GROUPS_ENABLED, or a way to
check for them with CMake. Is that correct?

David