[vtk-developers] VTK Modular: Coverage and Valgrind process breakdown

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 15:15:31 EDT 2012

Folks,

Now that VTK modular is settling in, two important software process
components need attention.

1) Coverage:
p90n03.pbm.ihost.com - AIX00F614-xlC is the machine that produces
coverage. It has not been building for 22 days.

2) Valgrind has over 12000 defects. Prior to modularization it had 0 defects.
http://open.cdash.org/viewDynamicAnalysis.php?buildid=2238424
Seems that many of the defects are python related and need some
valgrind suppressions. Once that is done, we can fix the real defects.

I'm willing to help improve coverage and real valgrind defects, but
dashboard maintainers need to address the compilation failures and
valgrdin suppressions.

Bill