[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: VTK 5.10.0-rc1 is available for download

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Mar 30 11:22:27 EDT 2012

Thanks David, you just saved me both time and effort!

I found these git tricks to be pretty useful for inspecting what
happened in this release.

* Show who changed what?
git shortlog --no-merges --topo-order v5.8.0..v5.10.0-rc1
-e for email address and -author args to that are also helpful

* Shows percent of changes in each directory:
git diff --dirstat v5.8.0..v5.10.0-rc1

* Shows all files changes and type of change to them:
git diff -w --name-status v5.8.0..v5.10.0-rc1

* Both of these show only header files, so that you can see how many
new, deleted and modified classes there are. It would be nice to dig
further at the M files to tease out the API changes, if someone does
please post the solution.

git diff -w --name-status v5.8.0..v5.10.0-rc1 | grep "\.h" | grep -v
Utilities | grep -v Testing | grep -v Examples | sort -u

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive