[vtk-developers] TestChartXYZ needs a baseline

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Mar 26 09:43:50 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Marcus,
>>>
>>> The TestChartXYZ test, checked in on March 12, is missing a baseline.
>>>
>> Bill,
>>
>> I was still hoping to figure out how to get the animation to play out
>> in the test before the snapshot. Is there a good approach to running
>> the timer until completion (rotation by 90 degrees), and then doing an
>> image diff? I got distracted by other tasks, I should have probably
>
> Most of the widget tests do this with vtkInteractorEventRecorders, eh?
> Is this not what you need?

No, I have a rotation triggered by timer events. So I need the
interactors to run for the duration of the rotation, and then
complete. If you run the test interactively you can see what I mean -
it is an animation between two dimensions that is part of the
visualization. I will try to dig into this today, or add a baseline to
at least test the bare functionality.

There are a few places now where I would like to have the event loop
work, fire timers and verify the animations work correctly and
snapshot the final image to verify it completes (or even a few
intermediate images too).

Marcus