[vtk-developers] Download vtk 5.9

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Sat Mar 24 07:11:59 EDT 2012

5.9 was the development version that started out as the 5.8 release
and ended up as the 5.10 release. We never package the development
version, since it changes every day, so you have to use git to
download it.

I recommend you aim for 5.10 instead, and since I haven't finished
packaging that, you still need to use git to get it. Do so like this:
git clone git://vtk.org/VTK.git
cd VTK
git checkout -b release origin/release.

David E DeMarle