[vtk-developers] VTK and VTK Modular

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Mar 21 12:34:07 EDT 2012

Hi Fauze,

VTK modular is indeed a branch of VTK, but it will soon be merged with VTK
proper.  The goal is to reorganize the libraries in VTK to a finer
granularity and revamp the build system. These features made it a good
choice for cross compiling to mobile devices for use by VES.  For recent
discussion of VTK modular, see this thread:

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2012-March/011065.html

There may be additional documents describing the motivation, maybe someone
on the vtk-developers list can point them out?

Pat