[vtk-developers] Python and mutable test failing for modular

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Mar 19 17:39:43 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm... I don't know if I did a very good job of explaining.  To make a
> long story short, there was special code (shown above) in
> vtkWrapPythonInit.c that added "mutable" to the list of python objects
> for vtkCommonPython.

You did, and I think I see a reasonable fix for now at least - that
same thing could be added to vtkCommonCorePython in the case of
modular. Are there any more cases like this I should look out for? It
is great to get a better understanding of how some of this works too.

Thanks for the explanation, I was able to get this fixed up and the
test passes. I didn't see any other cases where this is done.

Marcus