[vtk-developers] Changing/Defining VTK's minimum Mac OS X requirements?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Mar 13 17:53:20 EDT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> The cruft for OS X 10.3 can be removed.  How much cruft is there for
> 10.4 that isn't also needed for 10.5?
>
> As long as 10.5 is supported, Carbon must be supported because in
> 10.5 it is used by the Tk interface of Python and Tcl, which is part of
> the VTK testing and used by third party apps.  I can't see dropping 10.5
> anytime soon, there are still lots of 10.5 boxes around.

Is there a dashboard currently building a 32 bit Carbon build? I don't
see one at a glance, and can put the code into modular to make this
work in theory but I think we need a dashboard/someone to take
ownership of this if we wish to support it. Qt already removed Carbon
support as far as I am aware.

Marcus