[vtk-developers] vtkCommonCorePython static build failure

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jun 28 10:04:07 EDT 2012

It's never been supported, but it should be possible.

We do it for ParaView on HPC platforms that don't support shared
libraries. It requires a static build of python for one thing, and
there may be other tricks involved too. Perhaps Pat Marion will chime
in and I won't have to dig into my notes.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive