[vtk-developers] Wrapping/Tools

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:08:04 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> You can make a module called vtkWrapperTools, and have other modules
> COMPILE_DEPEND upon it. So you could get the dependency
> tracking/automatic activation of the module. The vtkEncodeString
> utility is similar in that sense, and we could make adjustments if
> necessary.
>
> I was tempted to look at doing something like that, but didn't have
> the time to fundamentally change the way the wrapping tools were
> built.

Thanks, the COMPILE_DEPEND is exactly the bit of information
that I needed.  My wrapper-parser-enhancements gerrit topic (which
has gotten a bit stale) already has all the build changes except for
explicitly making the directory into a module.  So this weekend I can
pull pieces out of that topic to make a new wrapper-tool-module topic.

 - David