[vtk-developers] Bug vtkOBBDicer when using SetDiceModeToNumberOfPointsPerPiece option ?

Jana Sefcikova neollie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:20:46 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I tried http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/OBBDicer  example
with another setting for vtkOBBDicer :

    dicer->SetNumberOfPointsPerPiece(10);

    dicer->SetDiceModeToNumberOfPointsPerPiece();

I obtained one region for sphere having 392 points.

Than I changed sphere resolution to Theta = Phi = 40 (1552 points) and got
two pieces , but i would expect somehting like 1522 / 10 .

Could it be bug , or there is something more that should be preset ?

Thank you

Jana