[vtk-developers] Is there any way to integrate CUDA with VTK for rendering?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Jun 13 11:31:35 EDT 2012

There is nothing in VTK to help you integrate Cuda routines in yet.
Thus, you have to create your own interface from scratch, starting
with CMake's FindCUDA module and then creating your own filters,
mappers etc that call into Cuda to make things happen.

I am hoping to commit an interface to LANL's Piston library next week
which does this, which you could then extend or work from as you see
fit.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer