[vtk-developers] [VTK 0013237]: misspelled member function in vtkContourFilter

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Jun 11 19:51:54 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=13237
Reported By:                Dale Lukas Peterson
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   13237
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-06-11 19:51 EDT
This method is present in the vtkContourFilter:

void vtkContourFilter::SetOuputPointsPrecision(int precision)

The member name is missing a 't' after the 'u' and before the 'p'.  It should
be:

void vtkContourFilter::SetOutputPointsPrecision(int precision)

Also, the parameter is of type int, but shouldn't it be of type
vtkAlgorithm::DesiredOutputPrecision ?

There is also a misspelling in the Doxygen documentation, explanation is
spelled: "explaination".

Finally, on my machine, when I call
SetOuputPointsPrecision(vtkAlgorithm::DOUBLE_PRECISION), and then call
contours->GetOutput()->Print(std::cout), I get:

vtkPolyData (0x7fe4f0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 431
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Information: 0x7fca40
  Data Released: False
  Global Release Data: Off
  UpdateTime: 432
  Field Data:
    Debug: Off
    Modified Time: 380
    Reference Count: 1
    Registered Events: (none)
    Number Of Arrays: 0
    Number Of Components: 0
    Number Of Tuples: 0
  Number Of Points: 38708
  Point Data:
    Debug: Off
    Modified Time: 431
    Reference Count: 1
    Registered Events: (none)
    Number Of Arrays: 2
    Array 0 name = scalars
    Array 1 name = Normals
    Number Of Components: 4
    Number Of Tuples: 38708
    Copy Tuple Flags: ( 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 )
    Interpolate Flags: ( 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 )
    Pass Through Flags: ( 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 )
    Scalars:
      Debug: Off
      Modified Time: 425
      Reference Count: 1
      Registered Events: (none)
      Name: scalars
      Data type: float

Which indicates that double is not being used when computing the scalars.  So it
seems that this member function isn't actually doing what it advertises, unless
I am misusing it or misunderstanding the documentation (very possibly the case).
 I am giving a vtkSampleFunction to vtkContourFilter, and I have called
vtkSampleFunction::SetOutputScalarTypeToDouble().  Or perhaps the PrintSelf
method isn't properly implemented and the underlying data type is actually
correct?

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change