[vtk-developers] No KP_1 keysym from QVTKInteractorAdapter (and vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor?)

Julien Finet julien.finet at kitware.com
Sun Jun 10 17:55:03 EDT 2012

Hi Clint,

I've noticed that QVTKInteractorAdapter doesn't report numerical keypad
strokes.
When I press the key "1" on the numpad, I have the keysym "1" instead of
"KP_1".

A quick test (maybe not reliable) on vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor seems
to show that it's not supported as well on Windows.
However, "KP_X" work fine on X11.

If it doesn't work on vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor it seems to be because
"KP_1" can be mapped into the ascii symbol "1" , and when a keysym is
mapped as ascii, it's not mapped using the virtual keys.

I've noticed some comments about KP_X in QVTKInteractorAdapter so I don't
know if it's "off" on purpose.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,
Julien.