[vtk-developers] MFC being inadvertently included

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sat Jul 21 07:06:47 EDT 2012

If necessary, MFC may be tested for via a try_compile. We already have
code that does this (after doing some quicker checks first, to
short-circuit the try_compile if possible) in the CMake test suite,
where we have a test that relies on MFC.

It's about 100 lines of CMakeLists code that starts here (this is the
line in the v2.8.8 release):

  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Tests/CMakeLists.txt;h=c0b7cd6175dd59de710af30256a749647f758bff;hb=6218aba37ad9990304f91bf6c27e014fbf8ad684#l1246

Of course, even if you do test for it, and it's available, you may
want to provide the capability of turning it off independently. Maybe
it should be in its own little module even?

HTH,
David