[vtk-developers] vtkWrapHierarchy: fails on stucts with bit-fields

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jul 9 09:30:15 EDT 2012

David,

Another minor problem: if a class is marked "ABSTRACT" in
CMakeLists.txt, however if it implements a "New()" protected/private
method, the generated wrapping code still has the ..StaticNew(..)
method defined causing build errors. I am overcome it for now by using
the same __WRAP__ trick.

(I verified that the vtkWrapPython-6.0 command line does indeed
specificy "--abstract" for the class of interest.

Utkarsh

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
> Sounds good. A quick-n-dirty fix is good enough for me :). Thanks.
> I'll give it a try.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Utkarsh,
>>
>> The quick-and-dirty fix is to add "#ifndef __WRAP__" around the code.
>> My own copy of vtkParse.y can parse bitfields but it has been slow
>> getting things merged into VTK.
>>
>>  - David
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit
>> <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
>>> David,
>>>
>>> I am changing ParaView's cmake lists to use VTK modules and I am
>>> running into an issue with the vtkWrapHierarchy parser failing to
>>> parse the attached header. It fails on the struct with bit-fields.
>>> WRAP_EXCLUDE doesn't help here. Any thoughts on how I can over this?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Utkarsh