[vtk-developers] vtkChemistry review / vtkVector

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:45:14 EST 2012

Hi Marcus,

I've finished rebasing the vtkChemistry branch and will push it in a
moment. Fortunately it went very smoothly, as the kit is separated
from the rest of VTK. I expect that porting it to the modular branch
should be straightforward as well.

I've run the tests, and everything looks ok. I believe I sent you the
files needed for VTKData a while back -- let me know if I need to
track down and resend the files needed for the rendering tests. The
baseline images also need to be generated and committed, IIRC -- this
may be tricky for the volume renderings, which I've noticed look
different depending on hardware capabilities.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:30 AM, David Lonie <loniedavid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've rebased and noticed that a lot of the math functions are missing
> from vtkVector, in particular addition, subtraction, and negation.
> What would be the preferred way to add these back in?

I coded around the missing vtkVector functionality in these patches.
Specifically, I noticed the following features missing:

- scalar multiplication
- unitary minus / negation
- vector addition
- vector subtraction

It may also be worthwhile to pull out and use the test that I had in
my abandoned vtkVector commit, since it tested a lot of the math
functionality:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/2492/2/Common/Testing/Cxx/TestVector.cxx

Best,

Dave